Who we are
Protecting your privacy is very important to Ammie’s Heart.
This privacy statement applies to our collection, use, and sharing of personal information we receive from visitors and users of this website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you visit this site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to enhance your user experience. Data may include, but is not limited to, data shown in the comments form, media such as images, as well as your IP address and browser user agent string to assist with spam detection. Information is collected when you register on this site, subscribe to newsletters or email lists, respond to a survey or fill out a form or otherwise enter your information on this site.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How your information may be used
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for email notifications, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, or use other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website so that Ammie’s Heart may better serve you.
- To efficiently process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding new blog posts, print items, orders and other marketing communications.
Cookies – What they are and how and why we use them
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Please note, if you disable cookies it may disable some of the features of this site.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third Party Disclosure
Unless provided with advance notice to the user, Ammie’s Heart does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include web hosting partners and other entities who assist in the operation of our website, or conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those entities have agreed to keep this information confidential. Where appropriate, to comply with law, enforce site policies or protect the rights, property and/or safety of Ammie’s Heart or our users we may release required information. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other entities for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Social Sharing – Social Sharing buttons such as those for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Pinterest for example, are provided by plugins that are operated and managed by a third-party. When you click on one of the social sharing buttons, certain PII may be stored by those services in accordance with their own terms of service and use.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as Google Analytics) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to this website.
- Opting Out: Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. You may also opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
How we protect your data
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning from our web hosting service.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with special access rights to these secured networks and who are required to keep the information confidential. Additionally, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secured Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Multiple security measures are utilized when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal data.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We adhere to the Fair Information Practices Principles and we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via on-site notification within one business day and via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
To learn more about the full intent of this act, you can read more here. In accordance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by emailing us OR by logging into your account and making the changes.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control regarding the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. Ammie’s Heart does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.