Many people set new goals for the new year, which is practically upon us. I like to think of and set goals in smaller segments throughout the year though. It’s a lot less daunting. And a lot easier to meet when approached with a well thought out plan.
Additionally, those smaller goals can actually help you achieve the larger ones you are striving for.
Here are 5 tips for goal setting that I have found helpful:
- Determine your why. What is your purpose in achieving the goal? What do you seek to accomplish?
- Divide and conquer. For long-term goals or large projects, dividing into smaller sub-sections helps you achieve progress at intervals. This can keep you motivated to continue and follow through to the end!
- Make them actionable. What are the actual steps you will take to meet the goals? How will you plan your time in order to ensure they get done?
- Have deadlines. Create an outline of all the steps and write daily to-do’s on your calendar of each step. Make appointments with yourself so you stay on track.
- Give yourself grace. If you miss a step or a deadline, don’t give up! Allow yourself wiggle room for unexpected things to interrupt your progress. LIFE HAPPENS!
Here are 5 Bible verses that can help you focus with goal setting:
- Proverbs 13:16
- Proverbs 21:5
- Hebrews 10:35-36
- 2 Chronicles 15:7
- Psalm 20:4
- (Psst, this one’s my favorite!)