If you are anything like me, you love others, but do you love you?
I have always struggled with loving myself. I’ve espoused a poor view of my body image, my abilities and my worth.
It has negatively impacted me, my marriage, friendships and even my work.
And yet I am always complimenting others, championing those who don’t see their value, and trying hard to speak life to dry bones.
About three years ago my world was absolutely rocked in the most unimaginable way.
It was at that lowest point of my life that I began to see the need to take care of myself and learn to love Ammie.
It took the wise counsel of others as well as leaning back into my love affair with Jesus to lift me up.
It will be a life-long journey as trials with chronic illness and anxiety try to have their way. BUT, it is a journey that is worth embarking on.
Here are 10 Things I Have Learned to Love About Me
- I am a good leader. I enjoy encouraging and equipping others to be their best. And I’m not afraid to make tough decisions when needed.
- I am a good Training/Development speaker. I have been honored to speak at multiple local and national seminars and conferences and always receive great feedback.
- I have beautiful eyes. Hands down my favorite physical feature…besides my hair.
- I am Beloved. This one thing has helped me the most in loving myself. God, the Creator of the universe, calls me His beloved. He formed me, knows my sinful nature, and still LOVES me!
- God has gifted me. I have abilities and talents that God placed in me to bring about Kingdom work. A Gifts Test helped me discover my top 5: Teaching, Exhortation, Discernment, Leadership and Pastor/Shepherd. These are directly related to #1 and #2 above.
- I am a great furmom. My inability to birth human kids makes my dogs in every sense my children. And they are spoiled as such.
- I am musically talented and sing well. I LOVE, love, love music…and am happy to lift my voice for His glory.
- I am an attractive woman. This one might sound vain, but it has taken me more than three decades to even think I might be halfway pretty. I’ve always tied my physical attractiveness to being skinny, having perfect hair, etc. I’m currently the heaviest I’ve ever been…and I’ve never felt more pretty. It’s the heart change that made this love attribute happen!
- I am creative. I write poetry, songs, make pretty floral arrangements, decorate the perfect Christmas tree, and have recently discovered I’m pretty good at creating color books and bookmarks.
- I am a good cook. I really enjoy cooking and baking, especially during the holidays. And I get such joy out of people savoring my food!
Loving others well is only attainable when we love ourselves well. Not a self-serving love, but a true appreciation of the beautiful, smart and kind human God has created us to be.
You bear the “Fingerprints of God”. This song says it far better than me.
Click for song
Be blessed and loved sisters!